Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #43


This week has been one of transition. This time last week I was snuggled up in my bed at home, snacking on the last remnants of the celebrations tin and brie (but not together, that would be weird) and contemplating how Christmas could have gone so quickly. This week I'm still in my PJs, but this time having been observing in a school all day and done an hour of dance fitness. Although I admit shedding a few tears on the train back down to Plymouth, I'm so happy I'm back. My motivation is sky high right now. I've been getting up early and falling into bed exhausted everyday because I've packed so much in. To be honest this motivation has come at a pretty good time with 3 essays to write in the next couple of weeks. However, there's always time to notice those little things that make life better, so on with the show...

1.   Farewell meals. My oldest friends cooked me a farewell meal of vegetarian enchiladas on Friday night. Sat round the table talking about anything and everything it's sad to know I'm now hundred of miles away from these girls. I can't wait for them to come and visit me in February.

2.  Running around the garden with Ben. I don’t know if he knew I was going back to university the next day, but Ben was so excited to see me. He ran out of his kennel and ran round the garden. He kept coming up for a quick cuddle and then running off again. In the end we were both just running round the garden happy.

3. Bacon, Brie and red onion chutney sandwiches. To be eaten greedily before jumping on a 6 hour train ride back to university. A great combination.

4. Seeing my flatmates. I never thought that after meeting people for 3 months I would become so attached to them. But I definitely missed them over Christmas. It's lovely to be able to just pop into their room for a catch up, have someone to share your day with or just a hug.

5. Cooking together. Our first meal all together back in the flat, we cooked bangers and mash. We cooked together and sat round the table to catch up on life. We're like our own little family and have the dramas that come with it, but support each other through essays, tears and worries. 

6. Coaching for the first time. Since I've been down n Devon I've been itching to coach again. I miss my cricket so much and so when the opportunity came up to coach I grabbed it. If I hadn't have joined the cricket club here at uni it would never have come up so I'm very thankful. I forgot how much of a buzz I get from watching players progress and knowing I have had made a difference. Connecting with new players makes me really excited to see how they improve through the weeks. One of the girls came on so much and told me she felt so much more confident at the end. 

7. Giggling all the way through exercise. After a cancelled cricket training session my friend and I really wanted to do some exercise. So we stuck on some dance fitness videos in her room. We spent so much time laughing I'm fairly certain that I got more of an ab work out from giggling. In her tiny room we ended up bashing into the wardrobe, turning the completely wrong ways and finding every move hilarious. I've never done quite so many squats in a row and certainly couldn't get my leg up as high as the woman on the video, but we had so much fun doing it. 

So that's another week gone. I'm sure they're getting quicker or maybe that's just because I have deadlines! For more wonderful do head over to see what has been making the gang smile: JoHelenMichelleSarahSallyCatSamEl , KerriMimmiMartina and Isabelle. Let us know what's made your week by a comment or use #WonderfulWednesday on twitter or instagram.

Have a great week lovelies
Kate xx

18 comments:

  1. Those sandwiches sound lovely!

    It sounds like you've got some good flatmates and have settled in well 😄

    Your coaching sounds like it's going well too! And it's nice that the girl came and told you that!

    Me & fitness DVDs always end up in tears of laughter! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were scrummy Emma!
      I felt so proud when she came up to me and haven't giggled that much in ages xx

      Delete
  2. Those coloured houses are so pretty!
    I remember it always being hard to leave the comforts of home but it sounds like you've made a great life for yourself at uni too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were from a beach walk last week and really caught my eye.
      I'm loving uni. Where and what did you study? xx

      Delete
  3. Bacon, Brie and red onion chutney sandwiches sound so good right about now! I love red onion chutney and brie, so the combination of the two alone is good enough for me - I could easily eat them until the end of time! I always enjoyed cooking with my housemates whenever I got back to uni too, it was a great way to bond, and we always used to have fun and do silly things together, and it's a great way to be welcomed back home too! Also, vegetarian enchiladas sound so good! Hope your week goes smoothly for you lovely. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any great recipes for me then Tasha? I'm not used to cooking for a group! Have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
  4. There is something immensely satisfying about falling into bed exhausted but feeling like you've done a good days stuff!
    Sounds like a whole lot of wonderful this week dude, sandwiches? Good. Flat mates? Good. Running round the garden? GOOD! Have a great week, less bashing into wardrobes though eh!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't there just? I kind of like the ache of when I know I've worked my body hard and the droop of my eyelids when I'm sleepy.
      Hahaha I'll try not to bash into too many wardrobes.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Wonderfullest of Wednesdays to you! :-) and OH dogs SO know everything! He def knew you were going back, they really are the best little creatures. Best of luck with essays! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the absolute best and he's such a cutie!
      Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you've had a lovely time over Christmas with your friends :) And Ben sounds so sweet coming up for a cuddle! Enjoy the rest of your week and good luck with the deadlines! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been lovely and Ben is so cute.
      Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  7. Yes to all the motivation! I feel like I'm full of it at the moment too. I am so excited for this year to get started - that and I got back into my weekly to-do list with coloured coded items and that makes me oh so productive and organised.

    Oooh, veggie enchiladas sounds like a great idea. I must get into town for some vegan cheese so I can whip something like that up. Oh and friends, they are awesome too, but I'm far more invested in my stomach haha.

    Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for mutual motivation! Wow, I'm not quite to colour coded, but I definitely have to do lists.
      Haha My stomach and I are right there with you. Let me know how the enchiladas turn out xx

      Delete
  8. Ahh I miss those early days when you are so connected to people you have only known for a few months. University is so special in that way ♥

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so special and unlike any other opportunity.
      xx

      Delete
  9. Ahhh I always used to shed a few tears on the way back to university but they were swiftly forgotten once I arrived. What a smashing week! Nothing beats the feeling of falling into bed exhausted after a satisfyingly busy day. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! C xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I'm back I feel fine, it's just the thought of leaving. Thanks Cat xx

      Delete