Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #44


First up, how cute is this little table and chairs? I came across it tucked in this little alcove on a walk during the week. It was hiding away surrounded by these pots of flowers and definitely brightened my day. Now on with the week. It's been one of those weeks where nothing has really stood out. A week of grey drizzly days and spending my time tweaking essays. Well that's what I thought until I started writing this post. From then on in I remembered all the wonderful things that had occurred this week. I love these posts for jogging my memory and making me appreciate the little moments.

1. First game of the year. I played my first game of cricket of 2017 on Sunday. We started off to a flier with a great win. It's been lovely to meet up with the team again after Christmas and get started. The B team also played this week. We all stood on the balcony cheering them on as many played their first game ever. We have a lovely supportive club. I just can't wait for next week's game now.

2. Spontaneous adventures. This week my flatmates and I decided to go on adventure. We went for a nighttime walk around a local country park. Being out there in the open made me think of home. It was so quiet and you could see the stars. It's the first time since I've been in Plymouth that I've seen the stars.

3. Rain on my skylight. Waking up gently to the sound of rain on the skylight is such a relaxing feeling. I knew that I hadn't got anywhere I needed to be in the morning so I could remain in that fuzzy just woken up state and just listen.

4. Food. It's been a really good food week. From Mexican bean burgers with homemade sweet potato chips and veg, to homemade pasta sauce stuffed full of veggies and covered with melted cheese. My mum gave me some really dark chocolate for Christmas so I've been rationing that through this week and dosing up on honey and lemon to keep the dreaded winter lurgy away.

5. Friends who share interests. In real life I talk about cricket a lot. It's my major passion and something I love. When you find a friend who asks whether you'd like to come over just to watch the cricket that someone special. My friend and I spent the afternoon eating bread rolls fresh from the oven whilst watching and chatting cricket. Not everyone's idea of fun, but pretty perfect for me.

6. Kind actions. This week I helped my flatmate proof read her essay. A little thing that we all do for each other. I came back from uni the next day to find she had bought me and new plate and bowl. Bearing in mind that I only owned one plate before this, it was a really practical and thoughtful gift. The plate and bowl are covered in blue polka dots and are so lovely. I did not expect anything, but I am so grateful for my present.

7. Watching films that make you feel. There wasn't a dry eye in the house when we watched Room the other night. I'm not going to spoil the plot for you, but just say I highly recommend it. It's moving and hard hitting, but will draw you in to the drama.

And that's it for another week. In between library visits and writing essays I've still found time to appreciate moments that have made me smile. I think that's what's so special about #wonderfulwednesday and why you should get involved. Comment below what has made your week, use #wonderfulwednesday on twitter or instagram and head over to JoHelenMichelleSarahSallyCatSamEl Kerri's,Mimmi'sMartina's AND lovely Isabelle.

Kate xx

12 comments:

  1. SO CUTE, I want to be sat on one drinking lemonade in the sun and reading a good book.


    Ahh rain on the skylight sounds like the perfect morning alarm!

    It's so good to have friends that share your passions, such a lovely little thing to do!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was blimming cold when I walked past, but I think it would be a perfect place to sit in the summer. You've got me craving lemonade! xx

      Delete
  2. Rain on the window while being tucked up in bed is literally one of my favourite things! So relaxing! I watched Room a while ago and it really is a great film, I cried too! Have a lovely weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so relaxing! Hope your weekend is great Laura xx

      Delete
  3. Well bloody done on the cricketing win; that's an awesome start to the year! And rain on the window is one of the loveliest most relaxing things, I'm well jel. Here's to a lovelier week filled with more exploring and cracking house mates!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope we can continue it this week! Sending you relaxed vibes too xx

      Delete
  4. Aww what a lovely list of happy moments! Congratulations on the cricket and your food this week sounds so yummy! What a wonderfully thoughtful gift from your friend. :)

    Wishing you a great end to the week,
    Peta xx

    www.pe-ta.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peta! I'm so lucky to have great friends. Have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
  5. Room is great isn't it, I loved the book too. Sounds like a lovely week, and I love the idea of the rain on the skylight x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I think I might need to read it now!
      Kate xx

      Delete
  6. Spontaneous adventures are always the best!

    ReplyDelete