Monday, 20 February 2017

My Soulmate


One day you're going to meet your soul mate.

Someone who you instantly click with. Who you immediately can call an equal and you communicate with on this footing. Both sets of ideas are valued and listened to with an importance and a need to understand.

Your ideas and values will mesh together and link. You can talk openly and honestly about a host of different things without fear of judgement. Equally, they will challenge you. They will open up a world of new perspectives and ideas. Your views will be moulded by this new person, who you feel has always been in your life.

They will be completely honest. Sugar coating the truth damages the trust you have. You trust them so completely that you would put your life in their hands. They will show you the way they feel with a vulnerability that few see. Both of you will fiercely protect the other and care deeply. Well being and happiness is important and you'll check in with each other regularly with the words 'Are you happy?'.

They feel shiny and new when they recount each of their many stories. The messages behind the stories have you thinking and evaluating. But, between getting to know them you feel comfort. Like the big bear hugs they give you, their love wraps you up and you know it won't let go. Like this person is so quickly a part of my family.

This person will know you inside out. They'll know you in those tiny moments where you don't even know yourself. They can tell what you are feeling even before you, yourself, have discovered you feel that way.

My soul mate is my best friend. He is nothing like me yet we share this bond of togetherness and I am so incredibly lucky to have him in my life.

Kate xx

9 comments:

  1. This was ridiculously well written, like a big cosy word hug. You've so beautifully articulated that relationship and I hope he feels just as lucky and secure and free as you do at having you knocking about too.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely one. It felt like a bit of a ramble so the comment on my writing is extra special. Oh I hope so and I tell him often x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post and so well written! i feel this rings true in my relationship too! It's lovely that you've found your soul mate and best friend! I hope you both continue being happy and as lucky as you do! X

    Victoria | <a href="http://www.victoriaahelenn.co.uk”>VictoriaaHelenn</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much. I'm happy you have found such a great relationship x

      Delete
  4. So well written! I often look at my husband and smile because he's the same guy I met nine years ago and was excited to get to know, but now I know him so well and we're so in sync and it's just bloody brilliant. There should be a word for that! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, the juxtaposition of newness and comfort. Yes there should... what do you suggest? x

      Delete
  5. This was so beautifully written Kate, I loved it! It's one of those posts that just makes you smile and feels you up with joy and comfort, a lovely post to read today. I definitely think everyone has a soul mate out there, and you're right, they can be in any fashion from a friend to a partner, and it's amazing when you meet someone that you have that connection with. Lovely post, thank you for the smiles today! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, the thought of spreading a little bit of joy is wonderful. Some days we need a few extra smiles. Isn't it amazing? x

      Delete