Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #47


I'm not going to lie and say I've had an amazing week. I haven't. It's not been a disaster, I just seem to have lost some pizazz. Some of the energy that makes me want to get out of bed in the morning. With my course slowing to a grounding halt with a less than full on module, I don't feel like I have enough to stimulate me.

1. Cake and chats. A pretty free timetable means I have time for long afternoons spent in cafes talking. We sat chatting for hours about anything and everything and shared cake. I love when you each get a different cake and cut them up so you can have a taste of each. I can never make my mind up when the cakes look so good so this is my chance to sample even more options.

2. Podcasts. It's been a drowsy week which has meant I just haven't had the concentration for reading but sitting back and listening has been just the ticket. This week I stumbled upon the podcasts of Standard Issue Magazine. Funny, talented women interviewing each other and making me laugh til my sides hurt.

3. Cooking. This week I have really slowed into the process of cooking. I've loved watching potatoes roast in the oven. Watching them slowly turn a crispy golden colour. Or carefully stirring a sauce to just the right consistency before pouring in a mountain of grated cheese and watching it melt. The process of cooking has been calming and something unto itself rather than something I rush or try to many task at the same time as.

4. Sorting the summer. This week my summer job was confirmed. It has been in the pipeline for a while, but I will be spending a summer of cricket in some glorious settings. I can't wait to get started.

5. Birthday parties. One of my close teammates had her birthday at the weekend and no birthday can be complete without a cake. I'd love to say I baked one, but the limits of student kitchens prevented it this time. However, she'd already told me earlier in the week that she was disappointed she wouldn't have a cake so her face was full of smiles when I presented her with chocolatey goodness.

6. Early starts. After the feeling of dragging and lack of motivation I knew I needed to get the spark back. As someone that works so much better in the mornings, an early morning was the best way to do this. A 6.30am wake up, a really good shower and my comfiest skinny jeans made for a great morning which translated into a super productive day. One way to beat a dreary mood.

That's all for this week. Despite having a weirdly dreary week it's amazing to be able to pick out the great things that week has brought. Next week is a very busy one with placements, a little trip and some visitors. I can't wait, it's going to be very exciting. In the meantime for more exciting #wonderfulwednesday goodness check out the rest of the gang:  JoHelenMichelleSarahSallyCatSamEl Kerri's,Mimmi'sMartina's AND lovely Isabelle. Find us with #wonderfulwednesday on twitter or instagram, write a comment or even your own post. Let me know if you do and I'll add you to the greatest list on the planet!

Kate xx

10 comments:

  1. There's something about skinny jeans that makes me feel really well put together and full of beans - here's hoping the coming week is full of sparkle for you once again Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of those clothes you can just chuck on and feel super! x

      Delete
  2. Well done for managing to find some goodness, even in a not so great week - I don't always manage it myself so I'm always impressed by people who do! Hope you have a good rest of your week and that things improve again soon. C xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dredging up those happy moments does make me feel better! x

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a meh week but you still pulled through with your list of wonderful!

    Sharing cake and talking all about life? GIRL WE MUST DO THIS IN EASTER (after we've stalked the shelves of many bookshops of course).

    Congrats on bagging yourself a summer job!

    I hope that early start has given you your spark back and the rest of this week is a little better for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that this is now going to happen. Can't wait Eleanor. xx

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear it's not been the best week for you Kate, I've had a similar one here, so I feel you! I think cake and chats is always going to be one of my favourite pastimes, there's nothing nicer than getting a friend round for a catch-up with some nice treats too. And I love good old fashioned birthday party too. I think that's one of the main things, growing up, I still react like a child too - they're just good fun! And more cake too! :D Hope you have a good weekend and a better week next week. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had a pretty cakey week here! x

      Delete
  5. Sorry that you've had a bit of a meh week. It's the same for me, if I can't keep my brain on the go, then things just aren't so great. I just end up with too much brain space and not enough of something going on up there.

    Here's to this week being so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to be constantly stimulated and thinking. It was so much better! x

      Delete