Wednesday, 8 February 2017
Wonderful Wednesday #47
I'm not going to lie and say I've had an amazing week. I haven't. It's not been a disaster, I just seem to have lost some pizazz. Some of the energy that makes me want to get out of bed in the morning. With my course slowing to a grounding halt with a less than full on module, I don't feel like I have enough to stimulate me.
1. Cake and chats. A pretty free timetable means I have time for long afternoons spent in cafes talking. We sat chatting for hours about anything and everything and shared cake. I love when you each get a different cake and cut them up so you can have a taste of each. I can never make my mind up when the cakes look so good so this is my chance to sample even more options.
2. Podcasts. It's been a drowsy week which has meant I just haven't had the concentration for reading but sitting back and listening has been just the ticket. This week I stumbled upon the podcasts of Standard Issue Magazine. Funny, talented women interviewing each other and making me laugh til my sides hurt.
3. Cooking. This week I have really slowed into the process of cooking. I've loved watching potatoes roast in the oven. Watching them slowly turn a crispy golden colour. Or carefully stirring a sauce to just the right consistency before pouring in a mountain of grated cheese and watching it melt. The process of cooking has been calming and something unto itself rather than something I rush or try to many task at the same time as.
4. Sorting the summer. This week my summer job was confirmed. It has been in the pipeline for a while, but I will be spending a summer of cricket in some glorious settings. I can't wait to get started.
5. Birthday parties. One of my close teammates had her birthday at the weekend and no birthday can be complete without a cake. I'd love to say I baked one, but the limits of student kitchens prevented it this time. However, she'd already told me earlier in the week that she was disappointed she wouldn't have a cake so her face was full of smiles when I presented her with chocolatey goodness.
6. Early starts. After the feeling of dragging and lack of motivation I knew I needed to get the spark back. As someone that works so much better in the mornings, an early morning was the best way to do this. A 6.30am wake up, a really good shower and my comfiest skinny jeans made for a great morning which translated into a super productive day. One way to beat a dreary mood.
That's all for this week. Despite having a weirdly dreary week it's amazing to be able to pick out the great things that week has brought. Next week is a very busy one with placements, a little trip and some visitors. I can't wait, it's going to be very exciting. In the meantime for more exciting #wonderfulwednesday goodness check out the rest of the gang: Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Sally, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri's,Mimmi's, Martina's AND lovely Isabelle. Find us with #wonderfulwednesday on twitter or instagram, write a comment or even your own post. Let me know if you do and I'll add you to the greatest list on the planet!