|Told you last week the train journey from Exeter to Plymouth is spectacular.|
1. This Girl Can. I cannot get on board with this campaign enough. From the first time I saw all sorts of ladies getting their freak on in the first advert I was hooked. It made me think that it was ok to try something new. It brought exercise to so many who thought it was only for a certain type of woman. Now there's a new advert, narrated by Maya Angelo. With the poem that I talked about last Wonderful Wednesday - Phenomenal Women. At coaching this week I wore my #thisgirlcan top with pride as I inspired our next generation of girls to enjoy sport.
2. That pizza sitting at the bottom of the freezer. When you have the worst day and you just feel rubbish and you realise that you have a pizza. You can whack it in the oven and have cheesey goodness with minimum effort. Thank you and well done past Kate.
3. Going out to dinner just because. On Saturday night my flatmate and I were home alone so we decided to treat ourselves to dinner out. No special occasion, just vouchers that meant we wouldn't have to pay for it.
4. Lifts. The weather has been pretty dire recently and any time I've left the house I've been soaked to the skin. That's why I'm particularly grateful for lifts to training and work.
5. Tipsy chats that turn into big plans. I'll set the scene... I've finished a uni presentation, we decide to go for a pint. The afternoon of drinking was going well until I realised I was meeting someone. Well turns out a little bit of tipsy allows you to be a bit more confident in your abilities and talk yourself up a bit more. I wouldn't recommend it, but this conversation turned into big plans. Into exciting things for the future and people that are prepared to put time in to support me do it.
6. Focused library time. Saturday morning. In the library early doors. Took in my lunch. Smashed out 1300 words in 3 hours. Bish Bash Bosh!
7. Feeling exercise tired. You know that kind of dull ache that means you moved and used all the muscles in your body. Although you ache all over it kind of delicious because it shows how much you worked and how awesome your body is. I always feel drowsy afterwards and fall into such a deep, comfy sleep that when I wake I feel rested completely.
8. The biggest sausage sandwich. There is always room for food on Wonderful Wednesday and this is no exception. (I may have already mentioned pizza and a meal out, but run with me.) After coaching in the evening in a very cold sports hall and hot sausage sandwich was just the ticket. I had fresh, seedy bread, a generous, maybe excessive amount of sausage and lashings of ketchup. Perfect warm up food.
9. Pancakes. A Wonderful Wednesday in pancake day week without mention of the wonderful foods would be sacrilege. Mine were spread with nutella and filled with slices of banana. Yum.
And with that we hurtle into March. This year seems to be flying by! What has been making your week that little bit more special? Share using #wonderfulwednesday, comment and find out what's been making the rest of the gang smile: Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Sally, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri's,Mimmi's, Lynsey Martina's AND lovely Isabelle.