Wednesday, 22 March 2017
Wonderful Wednesday #52
As I write this I sit absolutely stuffed from such a large batch of fajitas and getting to that sleepy stage. I'm back on placement this week and it might be the most tiring one ever. I am completely whacked, but finding a little pocket of time before bed to pick out the happy moments of the week.
1. A new dress. Wednesday night it was time to dress up. The birthday girl had ordered us into little black dresses and we obeyed. There's something quite exciting about waiting for a package to arrive bearing new clothes. Trying them on and feeling happy. My new black dress is all sorts of comfortable, hides the massive bruise I have from a cricket ball on my leg and fits so well (always my fear with buying online). One happy buyer.
2. Early morning brightness. This week on placement the 6am starts have been made that little bit easier by the amount of sunlight flooding into my room. I think when you wake up to a bright room it's so much easier to extract yourself from the cosy duvet than darkness. It's giving me so much more motivation.
3. Colour coordinated days. Those days when your outfit completely matches right down to the pattern in your scarf. My first day of placement was one of those days. I felt so professional and pt together which, in turn, made me feel a better teacher somehow. It's funny how a good outfit can really change your mood.
4. Stories. Last week my tutor gave me a children's novel to read. It's the first time I have read a fiction book for pleasure for months. Waking up to a few pages or reading just before bed has been all sorts of wonderful. I'd forgotten how you can get lost in the pages of story. It's a little escapism into a different world, this one full of pirates and paradise. I need to make more time to read.
5. Vegetables. I think as the weather turns warmer and brighter that I crave crispy crunchy vegetables. This week I have been knocking my five a day out of the park as I load all my meals with vegetables. From couscous piled high with vegetables to salads in my lunchbox. I also love how colourful it makes my food.
6. Team meals. As I've said before I love how close my cricket team is and this week after training we decided to go for a spontaneous dinner. Spending time just chatting and relaxing with these girls is lovely.
7. Proud big sister. This week marks the completion date for my baby brother buying a house and I'm super proud of him. At just 18 getting on the property ladder is such a big achievement and I can't wait to get back at Easter and help hm decorate.
8. Getting in just before the rain. This is one of those little things that definitely make my day brighter and I've managed it twice this week. Once I walked back from coaching (about a fifteen minute walk) just before a massive downpour and last night walking back from the bus stop I felt the first spots. Thankfully I got in just before the worst of it.
So that's the happy moments of the week. I want to say a special thank you to all of those who have sent their wishes to my mum. She's doing so much better and should be out of hospital today! For more wonderful head to the rest of the gang's posts: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta and Kelly. If I've missed you off this list I am sorry. Give me a shout and I'm add you on!