Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #52


As I write this I sit absolutely stuffed from such a large batch of fajitas and getting to that sleepy stage. I'm back on placement this week and it might be the most tiring one ever. I am completely whacked, but finding a little pocket of time before bed to pick out the happy moments of the week.

1. A new dress. Wednesday night it was time to dress up. The birthday girl had ordered us into little black dresses and we obeyed. There's something quite exciting about waiting for a package to arrive bearing new clothes. Trying them on and feeling happy. My new black dress is all sorts of comfortable, hides the massive bruise I have from a cricket ball on my leg and fits so well (always my fear with buying online). One happy buyer.

2. Early morning brightness. This week on placement the 6am starts have been made that little bit easier by the amount of sunlight flooding into my room. I think when you wake up to a bright room it's so much easier to extract yourself from the cosy duvet than darkness. It's giving me so much more motivation.

3. Colour coordinated days. Those days when your outfit completely matches right down to the pattern in your scarf. My first day of placement was one of those days. I felt so professional and pt together which, in turn, made me feel a better teacher somehow. It's funny how a good outfit can really change your mood.

4. Stories. Last week my tutor gave me a children's novel to read. It's the first time I have read a fiction book for pleasure for months. Waking up to a few pages or reading just before bed has been all sorts of wonderful. I'd forgotten how you can get lost in the pages of story. It's a little escapism into a different world, this one full of pirates and paradise. I need to make more time to read.

5. Vegetables. I think as the weather turns warmer and brighter that I crave crispy crunchy vegetables. This week I have been knocking my five a day out of the park as I load all my meals with vegetables. From couscous piled high with vegetables to salads in my lunchbox. I also love how colourful it makes my food.

6. Team meals. As I've said before I love how close my cricket team is and this week after training we decided to go for a spontaneous dinner. Spending time just chatting and relaxing with these girls is lovely.

7. Proud big sister. This week marks the completion date for my baby brother buying a house and I'm super proud of him. At just 18 getting on the property ladder is such a big achievement and I can't wait to get back at Easter and help hm decorate.

8. Getting in just before the rain. This is one of those little things that definitely make my day brighter and I've managed it twice this week. Once I walked back from coaching (about a fifteen minute walk) just before a massive downpour and last night walking back from the bus stop I felt the first spots. Thankfully I got in just before the worst of it.

So that's the happy moments of the week. I want to say a special thank you to all of those who have sent their wishes to my mum. She's doing so much better and should be out of hospital today! For more wonderful head to the rest of the gang's posts: SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta and Kelly. If I've missed you off this list I am sorry. Give me a shout and I'm add you on!

Kate xx

10 comments:

  1. Can you add me to your list next Wednesday and i will do the same!
    Have a wonderful week! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you end up getting the black dress with the sheer details you posted on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! And I'm a little bit in love with it. Shame there was no photos of it.

      Delete
  3. Wow, teaching placements I remember those, ugh. Massive well done for getting through the week with a huge list of positives and finding the time and energy to blog about it. I was a wreck of a person on placements. We both have a reading related one on our lists this week. I adore reading kids books when I was studying, one class were doing a Michael Morpurgo topic so had to quickly binge read the whole lot, it wasn't a chore... But have you checked out Audio books? Let someone else read to you as you travel to placement:-) ahhh! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Placements seem to suck all the energy out of me! Michael Morpurgo is next on my to read list of children's books although I've read several already. I really need to look into this, but I find myself so sleepy even when listening to podcasts xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a long and lovely list that i feel like i don;t know where to start! Yes to vegetables - all year round but i know what you mean, lately i've really been craving fresher crunchier ones instead of the sticky roasted kind. Doesn't it feel lively getting dressed up every once in a while?! And yes to lighter mornings, i just feel like i've got so much more energy on a morning (well as much as you can have at 6am!) compared to the colder, darker days.

    Sending love and thanks for always joining in amongst the busy-ness xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally! I just want every crunchy colourful vegetable going right now. Getting dressed up feels so good when you spend most of your time in some variation of jeans or sports wear.
      Thank you for being wonderful darling one xx

      Delete
  5. What a list! Hurrah for feeling all kinds of put together and profesh for the placement times, although I'm sure you're awesome even if your scarf doesn't match the rest!
    And yes yes yes to reading in the spaces of life, I love squeezing in a few pages before heading out the door in the morning or just before my head hits to pillow. A good story is the best kind of escape.

    Super well done little bro too, that is a ridiculously wonderful bit of adulting! Go him.
    Have a great week lovely Kate
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely one. I must read so much more! xx

      Delete