Friday, 19 May 2017

Creating at University


It's been so long since I have done anything remotely arty so knowing I had 3 hours of practical art sounds like a perfect way to spend a Wednesday morning. We started outside, armed with clipboards, pens and pencils. Through baltic winds we drew skylines without taking our pens off the paper, with our left hand and without looking at the page.


To warm up from our chilly encounter, we huddled inside the top of our university building and drew small details of buildings from different perspectives.


Finally back in the classroom we started abstracting the shapes onto a collaborative piece in marker pens. We added pattern and colour with oil pastels before washing with inks. I was so proud of our final piece. It's colourful and expressive and we all had great fun making it together. I can't wait to use all I've learnt with children.


Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment