Friday, 26 May 2017

Perranporth Adventuring


Last weekend I was feeling like an adventure. A solo adventure. So after hearing about how beautiful the beach at Perranporth was I booked one night and got a train and bus through the Cornish countryside to get there. Spontaneously by Monday night I was sat on the beach. I think it may have been one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

 What I did

Well the beach definitely did not disappoint so I spent a lot of time sat looking out to sea and generally contemplating life. Being by the coast makes me all sorts of happy and calm. The beach is 3 miles long, I know because on Tuesday morning I decided to walk the whole length of the beach and back. The beach is popular with surfers, but I made do with a little bit of paddling and climbing on the rocks. I had an explore of the rock pools and funny caverns made in the cliffs. The little town has a range of gift shops and after a wander, I was back on the beach reading my book.



 Where I stayed

I stayed in the most amazing youth hostel situated right up on the cliffs on one side of Perranporth. The above photo was taken from right outside and the view from the window was stunning. I fell asleep to the sounds of the waves, but not before having a lovely evening of interesting conversation with the other guests. The bed was really cheap and ideal for travelling.



 What I ate

Now to the good bit! The food was absolutely great and I ate every meal outside. I started with eating fish and chips on the beach whilst I watched the sunset. Next morning I ate freshly baked pastries for breakfast. After my trek along the beach I was starving and had a spit roast pork roll with apple sauce bought straight from the local butcher. It was so full and yummy. You can't go to Cornwall without having a pasty and this one may have been the best I've ever eaten. Finally just before getting back on the bus, I had 2 scoops of ice cream - 1 chocolate orange and 1 malteaser flavour. Both scrummy. All the food came from local independent traders which was what the high street was made up of. No Costa here, but good local products.





I had an amazing time and can't wait to explore more of Cornwall. I would thoroughly recommend Perranporth and would love more recommendations of places to go on solo trips.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like the most wonderful trip! I've always wanted to do a little solo trip somewhere and I think that starting off somewhere not too close from home is the perfect idea to make it a little less scary - I'm definitely going to add Perranporth to my list and hopefully visit myself sometime soon!

    Hope you're having a lovely bank holiday weekend!

    Anna xx | The Girl In The Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely add Perranporth to your list. I really want to go back! Let us all know how your solo trip goes. It's honestly not as scary once you go. Thank you, you too xx

      Delete
  2. Perranporth looks beautiful I am very jealous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like the most wonderful short trip! I've only been to Perranporth once, years ago, but it looks just as beautiful as ever. And that food! Am tempted to book a visit straight away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, you should! I love short trips on my own xx

      Delete