Wednesday, 17 May 2017
Wonderful Wednesday #60
Good morning, lovely Wednesday crew. How are we all doing? I think I'll be spending today mostly dodging the raindrops that seem to be the norm right now. Where did all that gorgeous spring sunshine go to, because I'd really love it to hurry up back. It's been a busy old week which feels a little like the end of something. Anyway, quickly on to the good things of the week...
1. Dressing up. Last week me and my lovely university cricket team were nominated for most improved team at the university sports awards. This involved a posh dinner and awards ceremony and the chance to dress up. I opted for a navy playsuit and spent the night feeling might fine. It's funny what a few curls in your hair, a new outfit and a glass of wine can do. We may not have won the award, but we had a great night.
2. Eurovision. It is an absolute tradition with my friends to watch Eurovision, eat picky, buffet food and score the acts. We have a very specific scoring system honed through years of practise. Every year the rulers and coloured pens come out to make a beautiful scoring sheet. We mulled through the archives as we waited for the show to start and reminisced through the memories. More were made and I'm fairly certain Moldova were robbed. Did you see their sassy saxophone player?
3. Just silly laughter. Spending time with my flatmates watching the sun go down and making human pyramids. The ones who you can be totally yourself with are keepers.
4. Another cricket game. We have had so much rain this week and as I looked out of the window on Thursday afternoon and saw the rain falling my hopes of playing cricket that evening diminished. However just before we were due to start the clouds cleared and left a lovely evening. A nice close game and a beautiful sunset on the journey home made it a good evening.
5. Train journeys. I went home this weekend to attend a cricket course and was out of Plymouth for a mere 36 hours of which over 1/3 of those were spent travelling. I really enjoy travelling on the train. I had time to read the wonderful words of Laura Jane Williams, to listen to the stories of the people around me and generally ponder life. Plus the views aren't bad either.
6. Awards. The university year is coming to an end with only one more lecture and 4 weeks placement left. Our PE group decided to celebrate this fact. We spent an afternoon playing dodgeball and generally being competitive before creating our own awards ceremony. We voted on all those silly prom kind of awards and giggled over nominations and winners.
7. A little bird just making its merry way. As I walked into town a little bird seemed to follow me. Tip tapping it's way down the street and bobbing across the pavement. That moment of slowing to watch its actions put a smile on my face. Sometimes the smallest moments matter the most.
8. Bowling. Another end of year shindig this time with our seminar group. I really surprising myself with how well I did, although the first few went down the alley like bouncing bombs!
9. Reflecting and being a better me. My course on Sunday was all about reflecting on my coaching and understanding strengths and weaknesses in order to improve. It was hard. Harder than I expected to recognise my workings, but since I have been using it in my life. Taking that bit of time to reflect about where I want to go and how I'm doing getting myself there.
10. Sleepovers. When I went home I spent my first night staying at my brother's house. He left me a mug and everything ready for a super yummy hot chocolate then we discussed everything from life insurance to puppies until we fell asleep. I'm sure I've written it before, but I really am proud of him.
And there we have it. Another round up of the week's happy moments. Hope you all have a fabulous week and let me know what's making you smile. In the mean time check out the rest of the #wonderfulwednesday gang: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma and use the hashtag on twitter and instagram.