Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #62


Well I almost feel like I'm on holiday right now. I've had a week and a half off and am in full relaxation mode. Probably not for the best as I start placement on Monday, but for now I'm making the most of it. I say this snuggled in bed with the sun streaming through the window and the comfiest big tshirt and new paisley pj shorts on. We've had a swelter of a week which may or may not have caused a little bit of burn, but has meant I've been outside at every opportunity.

1. Best cake ever. I'm talking layers of brownie, butter cream and salted caramel. We took it away to sit overlooking the sea when we realised we had no idea how to eat the thing without a fork. Needless to say we managed after a quick scurry through bags for tissues.

2. Beach BBQs. The hottest day of the year and one of my flatmate's last night in Plymouth was spent eating a bbq overlooking the sea. We stuffed rolls with burgers and bacon and ate the ultimate bbq food of potato salad. Then after a little rest needed after maybe one burger too many, we played cricket with cans for wickets and much hilarity.



3. Golf. Trying something new is always a bit scary. There's that trepidation that you're going to be absolutely rubbish it at and a physical skill seems to be worse somehow. With this in mind me and a friend decided to have a go at pitch and putt golf and had such a good time. Yes we were a bit rubbish, but we laughed along together, gave each other hints and improved loads. It was so nice to something out of our comfort zones and have a go.

4. Party Tea. Just to celebrate Friday and because I can, on Friday I made myself what my mum used to describe as party tea. Cutting my sandwiches up into little triangles and then having little bits on the plate - tomatoes, salad, potato salad and crisps. All arranged symmetrically on the plate.

5. Lightening. We had the most awesome storm on Friday night. The air had been heavy and ready for a storm all day and when the rain came it cleared the air. But following the downpour came the lightening. Lightening that lit the sky up every few seconds with absolutely no thunder. I stood outside and just drunk it in because nature is pretty phenomenal.

6. Mooching round Totnes and more good cake. I am truly honoured that this little blog and #wonderfulwednesday has brought so many lovely ladies into my life. Michelle from Life Outside London is no exception. In fact a mooch around Totnes with her whilst talking about anything and everything gave me all the warm and fuzzies. If you aren't following her, you need to. She's a babe and knows the best places for cake!

7. Just the right temperature. For lazing in the park with my book in shorts and a tshirt without worrying about burning. Burning has been a real issue for me this week. I have been peak ginger by burning whilst smothered in sun cream so a little dip in heat was pleasant. Also it was a perfect dog watching spot.

8. Last game with my uni girls. 5 hours of laughter and trying our absolute best. I have a little thing that grinds my gears in cricket and it's when players turn up to play and then get no involvement in the match. Luckily I play in a team that makes sure everyone gets an even chance, so we all made awesome contributions. Also special mention for an absolutely stonking cricket tea which meant running was infinitely harder afterwards, but totally worth it.

Wow, that's been a lovely list of things that have made me happy. Writing them all down makes me relive all those wonderful memories and never fails to bring a smile to my face. For more lovely moments head over to the rest of the gang:  SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta, Kelly and Emma and use the hashtag on twitter and instagram - #Wonderfulwednesday.

Kate xx

6 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering reading about your ultimate FOOD and beach day below! And what could be better than a picnic tea? My favourite is smoked salmon, cheddar, pickle and a good hunk of crusty bread. :) H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tea sounds marvellous. Good crusty bread is always a winner! xx

      Delete
  2. Mmm... cake. Yes. Keep doing what makes you happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defintely eating cake then! Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck for the beginning of your placement! That cake sounds right up my ally. Your like me, no cutlery would stop me from diving straight in!

    Hope youve had a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went straight in Lnysey and it was amazing! Thank you xx

      Delete