This week I'm tired. I'm tired of all the hurt in the world. The attack on Saturday night felt like a physical punch to the stomach. I worried about all my loved ones. I worried for all those innocent people. I worried.
I'm also mega tired as I have started placement. Maybe that's what has made me that bit more emotional, but being on and working with children all day is exhausting. So this week we need a dose of appreciating the good things more than most...
1. A drive over the moors. Sunday saw a 4 hour round trip drive through the most beautiful Dartmoor roads. They wound and bent. Up the steepest of slopes to reach the top and look over valleys. We were surrounded by green. And to get to a cricket ground with a sea view. Where I could walk a couple of metres from the boundary rope onto the beach. A pretty perfect location.
2. Late night chats. When sat sipping water to alleviate tomorrow's inevitable headache. With my best friend, slumped on her bed. Words tangled and stumbled over.
3. Flippy dresses. Those ones with floaty skirts worn to awards evenings set right next to the marina. With my teammates all dressed up celebrating an amazing year of playing cricket together. There was possibly an award for yours truly chucked in for good measure.
4. Pizza just when you need it. When you have a thumping headache and stomach cramps and you just about manage to crawl into bed at the end of the day. Then your flatmate walks in with pizza and sweet potato chips, you know you've got a keeper!
5. Music in the park. Just strolling through town and happening upon a little community music festival. We whiled away a couple of hours listening to local bands and having a go at flamenco dancing.
6. Wild Garlic. My walk from the bus to placement takes me through a little wood. This week we've had so many rain showers, but the smell after them is so pungent. It's the smell of greenness and growing mixed with the wild garlic in the woods.
7. Long Hugs. Because I won't see people for the next few months or even longer. People are graduating, moving on. We are all dispersing across the country for summer. Those hugs will be the last moments of holding together until we see each other again.
That's it for this week. For more from the gang head to: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma's blogs and use the hashtag on twitter and instagram - #Wonderfulwednesday.