Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #64


This sign, that I saw on the wall on my walk to the supermarket, pretty much sums up the week. Love really is greater than hate. Life's pretty short and it's so important to share love and let those you love know how much they mean to you. Living at uni is a funny thing. You spend half of your year miles away from family and friends, but just when it's time to go home and see them, you have to wrench yourself away from the friends you've made there. So it's a time for hugs, for kind words and for love always. To be honest that's what the whole world needs too.

1. Enchiladas. On the last dinner before my friend went come for the summer she cooked a massive dish of enchiladas. A spicy, warming meal after a rainy, long day on placement was just perfect. I'm going to miss her loads over the summer so it was important we said a proper goodbye.

2. Doughnuts. Friday morning I was flagging big time. Placement does make you tired so I was so thankful when a lovely teaching assistant brought around a bag of doughnuts. The sugary hit was exactly what I needed to speed through the rest of the day.

3. Light mornings. My 6.30am wake up call doesn't feel such a struggle when I have sun streaming through the window. On Tuesday I woke up to blue skies through my skylight and it made a world of difference. It was lovely to see the skip in everyone's step and the cheery 'Morning's that greeted me.

4. Pencil skirts. Because coordinating my outfit for placement makes me feel like I can take on the world. My placement wardrobe consists of pencil skirts, tailored trousers and buttoned up shirts, which all make me feel so put together. The more put together I feel, the more confident so that's got to be up there!

5. Dog Spotting. To be honest this is a daily occurrence in my life, but going to new places means new opportunities to make friends with hounds. The morning walk through the woods gives plenty of opportunities and just this morning I had a cuddle with some adorable Labradors. Made my morning brighter.

6. Milkshakes. More importantly, milkshakes of the chocolate orange variety sipped slowly whilst catching up with flatmates. When they are so thick and creamy that you need a spoon to shovel in the remnants between giggles and possibly the best/ weirdest turtle impression. You never knew I had such extraordinary talents!

7. Motivating messages. I woke up on Monday morning to a message from my friend. It was just lovely about how she knew I could be an amazing teacher and detailing lots of lovely things she thought about me. It was the perfect motivation I needed to propel me out of bed and skipping along ready to be observed.

So that's my week and what's made me smile. Now over to you... tell me what's made your week special and check out the rest of the gang:  SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta, Kelly and Emma's blogs and use the hashtag on twitter and instagram - #Wonderfulwednesday.

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment