Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #65


Well isn't it blooming boiling? Not complaining, it's gorgeous, but I have no idea how to dress to main professionalism whilst not turning into a sweaty mess. As it is I'm failing. If anyone has any ideas please send them my way. Despite the hot weather frying my brain, I'm actually buzzing. I've met some exciting people this week who have really enthused me. Their zest for life has got me ready to explore and follow lots of interests.

1. Honeysuckle. Walking through the dusk air and coming across a massive trail of honeysuckle. I smelled it first. The heady aroma which reminds me of summer evenings and the bush that winds it's way around the cherry blossom tree at home.

2. The young blind lad explaining how he uses his stick to the older blind ice cream seller. It was just a lovely moment of intergenerational community seen on the streets of Plymouth. Nuff said.

3. Watching the sun set. I bang on about sunsets all of the time, but there's something magical about the whole sky turning a range of beautiful colours. It makes me calm. One better, watching the sun set over the sea. Pure bliss

4. Ice cream in the freezer. Did I mention it was warm? Well as I walk in the door after a long day at placement all I've been craving is something cool. Thankfully past me thought of this and stocked the freezer with ice creams. So my evening routine is now completed with magnum in hand.

5. Cold showers. Some days nothing will cool you down like a dunk in a cold shower and all day I've spent waiting for the moment I can jump in. It also means I can have wet hair for the next hour (let's be honest, it's probably even less due to the incredible drying powers of the weather) which keeps me cooler too.

6. The comfort of a sports bra. My friend and I headed out for a drink and a gossip on Sunday and I tried to dress for the heat. Having moseyed around the flat in pjs for the morning to keep cool I really didn't want to be wearing anything uncomfy. Enter the sports bra. I've been wearing them everyday and, without wires, they are so much more pleasant.

7. Strawberry and Elderflower wine. A revelation for summery evenings, this wine is all fruity and light. I've been serving it ice cold and it's a perfect refreshing drink.

8. Meeting interesting people. Cos blimey oh Riley, people are interesting. If you take the time to find out their story then you'll never guess all the amazing passions and experiences that they have. Talking to people is always time well spent and inspires me to pursue as many things in life as possible.

That's all from a very early morning list maker. Even at half 6 I'm feeling warm, but looking forward to another day in the sun. Now over to you... tell me what's made your week special and check out the rest of the gang:  SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta, Kelly and Emma's blogs and use the hashtag on twitter and instagram - #WonderfulWednesday.

Kate xx

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh my love I am all about the sports bras! I live in mine when I can get away with it! Cold showers are the absolute best and hearing the young blind man explain how he uses his stick must have been so heart warming.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely wonderful wednesday happiness, it always pops a smile on my face.
    Peta x
    www.pe-ta.com

    ReplyDelete