Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #68


Morning, and how the devil are you?

I'm bright and breezy today as I've started my summer job on Sunday. I'm staying in beautiful surroundings and watching lots and lots of cricket. Pretty perfect. Let's just keep all our fingers crossed that it doesn't rain. This week has been lovely. A mix of catching up, packing and getting stuck into a new job. I really love new beginnings and it fills me with enthusiasm.

1. Watching England. This weekend I made the trip down to Bristol to stay with a friend. We are both equally as cricket obsessed and we spent Saturday watching England play. It was blimming cold and I thanked myself for bringing jeans to change into when it got way too cold for shorts! However, we did have a brilliant day and makes me even more excited as England have made it to the World Cup final on Saturday!!

2. Being cooked for. This is such a little pleasure. Where I'm working I get 3 cooked meals everyday. No cooking, no washing up and the food is lovely.

3. Wall to wall cricket. My job is organising and watching cricket. So I'm going to spent my summer doing something I really love and that's definitely a winner. Being paid is just a bonus!

4. Lidl bakery section. During a long drive I like to take plenty of stops and it was on one of these that I found the delight that is the lidl bakery selection. It has such a selection of hot and cold items at cheap cheap prices. I had a veg pizza and a cinnamon bun all for just over a pound.

5. Meeting people. This one seems to feature loads, but I really enjoy meeting new people and finding out about their stories. This week it was my friend's family. Over a Chinese we discussed upcoming drives to Mongolia, camping and obviously cricket.

6. Time to read. This job gives me time and I have just picked up a book that I was midway through a year or so ago. It's an incredibly interesting read weighing up the notion of whether performance in sport or business comes through talent or practise. The book is Bounce by Matthew Syed if you are interested and I fully recommend it.

7. Tea and cake. As a little farewell before I left to work, my grandma, my aunt and I headed out for cake. Whilst they drank tea, I had a lovely glass of fresh apple juice to wash down the chocolate cookie and brownie that I shared. It was lovely to catch up and spent a bit of time with them.

That's it for this week. It's been a week of change, but exciting new things. Now it's your turn to hare the fab moments of the week and check out the rest of the gang:  SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta, Kelly and Emma's blogs and use the hashtag on twitter and instagram - #WonderfulWednesday.

Kate xx


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kate it sounds like the perfect job for you! :) Lovely to hear you had such a great time in Bristol watching the cricket. I will have to spread the word on Lidl's bakery section! Who knew?! I also love new beginnings, there is something ever so motivating about them!
    They do say that a change is as good as rest, maybe that is why!
    Have a great rest of the week,
    Peta x
    www.pe-ta.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get on board with Lidl bakery! Thank you Peta, you too! xx

      Delete