Thursday, 10 August 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #71


I can't tell you how shattered I am. So shattered that I somehow didn't notice it was Wednesday all day. It took until I sat in the car on the drive home from work to think through the week and realise that I needed to write this little post. Thankfully this week has been full of little nuggets of awesomeness which have shone through the long days. Without further ado let's get stuck in.

1. A fixed shower. After a long day all I want is a really nice, warm shower. In my room at work I had the worst shower ever. Only 2 of the little holes worked and the water came out in such a jet that it was painful. It felt like you were in a tornado because the pressure had the shower curtain flying everywhere. So when my shower was fixed this week it was absolute bliss. The first shower after a long day

2. Smelling the roses. My goodness have I smelled some phenomenal roses this week. I think this rain n the air has really brought out their scents. My mum came to stay and we spent ages walking round smelling every rose in gardens, parks and the castle grounds we went to. There was one rose in particular that we had to stop and smell every single time we walked into town. It had such an amazing smell.

3. Beautiful moon. Walking back home as the sky just turns it's inky blue the moon was so full and bright. My mum and I sat on a bench overlooking cricket friends and chatted lit only my the brightness of the moon.

4. Cake. All of the cake, eaten all of the time. I'm fairly certain that's the main activity my mum and I do together.

5. Owls. The other night I fell asleep to the call of an owl. It was such a tiny moment, but one that stuck in my memory. Reminds me of the wildlife all around us even living in a town.

6. Naff jokes. This week I've had a group of umpires that have kept me entertained. The jokes are straight out of a cracker and pretty lame, but they put a smile on my face. These guys had me laughing all day and if that's not something to make you happy, I don't know what is.

7. Tapas. Mum and I found a little independent restaurant for dinner on Sunday. The place was pretty empty, but the tapas was amazing. We had pulled pork and patatas bravas with sweet potato fries as a side, because sweet potato fries are always a good idea. But the highlight was the halloumi. It was battered and deep fried and served with a spicy salsa. The batter was so light and crispy and the cheese was gooey. Heaven. Followed by the most flavoursome passionfruit parfait, it was a brilliant meal.

8. Little train. Around the field I run activities on there's a tiny train track and I've never seen anything on it until tonight. Someone was driving this tiny miniature steam train round the track and giving rides. It was lovely to see how this small thing brought so much joy.

9. Golden light. The deep evenings where the sunsets and bathes everything in a golden light.

So this is a late, but decent #wonderfulwednesday. There's even more at these lovely ladies' blogs:  SallyJoHelenMichelleSarah, CatSamEl KerriMimmiMartina , Peta, Kelly and Emma and get in touch with yours by commenting or using the hashtag #wonderfulwednesday on twitter or instagram.

Kate xx



1 comment:

  1. Mmm...tapas. There's a new tapas restaurant that's opened up in the village next to mine that I'm itching to try. Might see if Mr P fancies going Spanish this weekend...

    ReplyDelete