Wednesday, 17 January 2018
Wonderful Wednesday #74
Well how are you doing? It has been so so long since I have spoken on this space. Everything seems to have crashed towards me at a million miles an hour. I really just think life needs a pause button sometimes. So that we can just collect all our thoughts together, catch up and wallow in the good moments. We've had so much to contend with... lots of cricket wins, Christmas and meeting someone new who has put a massive smile on my face to name a few.
But here we are and it's business as usual, I will be recounting all the things this week that have made me smile:
1. Day on the moors. Having lived in Devon for a year and half now I can't believe this weekend was my first visit to the moors. I spent the whole car journey with my face pressed up to the glass, in awe of the stunning views. We wrapped up warm and walked, stepped over rocks and took in the vastness of the landscape. After all this excitement a picnic and an ice cream were in order. Even the sun made an appearance and I can't wait for my next visit to Dartmoor.
2. Submitting the essay. Finally! This one was a killer. I'm talking days spent solidly in the library and not being sure if I'd ever fins what I wanted to say. But the relief when it was done was great. I rewarded myself with a burger and an evening with friends.
3. Dance. Just the freedom of being able to move my body into beautiful shapes that have meaning. The creative process of dance really excites me. I haven't danced for years and this university module has me all sorts of excited. My body is aching, but my mind is flying.
4. Cricket training. This week was the first training back after Christmas and I really enjoyed it. I like being back and focusing on improving myself. I feel like I am becoming more aware of how I can improve and what I need to do. This awareness is new and I kind of like how aware I am of the capabilities of my body and how I can shape these.
5. Flowers. Everytime I walk past the kitchen table I smile. There sit my bunch of flowers. I was given them the moment I stepped off the train into Plymouth and they never fail to brighten my day.
6. Blue Skies. In between these massive downpours we've been having there have been some beautiful blue skies. The kind of clear, crisp skies that leave chilly fingers, but bright bright days. In winter I find these blue days are just what I need to cut through the grey, dim days.
7. Cake. Today I baked a cake for the first time since I've been at university and it was bloody brilliant. Filled with jam and cream and covered in chocolate fudge icing, it was magnificent and just as tasty!
So that's all for this week. I promise I won't leave it so long next time, because I've missed bringing together the lovely bits of the week. For more wonderfulness head over to see these lovely ladies: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma. Or find us on twitter and instagram with #wonderfulwednesday.