You find me writing this on the train home. Devon is a very beautiful place and I'm admiring the view that I'm saying goodbye to for a couple of weeks. The sky is blue and filled with fluffy ice-cream-scoop clouds. I have seen lambs leaping around the fields and I am content. Ready to have a break at home and see everyone there in the knowledge that what I miss here will all still be there when I get back.
1. Books. I've been reading a lot more recently and just finished a brilliant book called The Nowhere Girls. Taking time to read takes you to another world. For a while time stands still and speeds up all in one motion. I spent Saturday night curled up in bed with a cat and my book and whiled away hours and before I knew it, it was midnight!
2. Dippy eggs. Sunday mornings should definitely start with dippy eggs in bed! This breakfast of soft boiled eggs and toast soldiers reminds me of what my Grandma used to make me when I stayed there as a child. It was such a relaxing start to my day washed down with a mug of hot chocolate.
3. Just that Contented Feeling. Where you find yourself smiling and take a big deep breath and say yes, this is where I want to be. Moments like this have hit me this week and it makes me super happy.
4. Mango Cider. I'm the first to reach for a fruity cider, but I'd never tried a mango flavour one. I'd usually go for berries, but this may be about to change. On Friday night I headed out for a drink with some friends to Ciderhouse in Plymouth. They have such a range of ciders in a warm inviting pub. We had a lovely evening and I'll definitely be back to sample some more flavours.
5. Dungarees and oversized tshirts. For my Spring outfit of choice I have the softest off white tshirts, marled with flecks of grey and comfortably oversized. They are tucked into last year's favourites, my denim fitted dungarees. On brave days I even roll the cuffs up a little. It's the comfiest outfit where I feel put together.
6. Watching the Sunset. The clocks changed and now we have lighter evenings which are making me so happy. On Sunday evening, E finished work at 7 and we raced to watch the sun set from Jennycliff. Watching how the colours in the sky change over just a few moments is mesmerising and I love how we can just spontaneously decide to do things like this.
7. Exploring. I don't know why it took me so long to discover Dartmoor, but I was missing out! Monday took us adventuring up Sheep's tor. The wind was brisk and whipping my hair around my face, but it didn't spoil the view from the top. We could see for miles!
8. Cafe with a view. Before I went home a friend and I went for a catch up. We've been working our way around the cafes of Plymouth. This week we settled on the Terrace which is set in the cliffs above Plymouth Sound. With views over the sea we braved the outside seating and March didn't disappoint. Still sat outside in the sunshine at gone 5pm!
And that's all for a jam packed, happy making week! I'm feeling really good this week and long may it continue. These amazing ladies are also rounding up their weeks: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma. Find us on twitter and instagram with #WonderfulWednesday.