52 Lists: List the ways you can love yourself more
- Take baths: I never usually have time for a bath or so I tell myself, so I always have quick showers. However, they just aren't the same and don't relax me at all. I love how calm I feel after a bath although I have to be careful not to fall asleep in there!
- Wear pretty things: I spent my life in ill-fitting sports wear for my job so I should make an effort to wear pretty feminine items when I have some time off. I know this makes me much happier and lifts my spirits.
- Give myself a break: I work pretty damn hard and I deserve a break every now and then. But I'm a massive perfectionist so everything has to be done right before I can stop. I need to take short breaks between work so I can be more productive but also take a bit of me time. I just started before I started bogging with a bit of fresh air and a maple and pecan danish pastry.
- Keep my nails nice: I know this is an occupational hazard but my nails are always breaking because some child has thrown a ball at me or I've knocked them while moving gym equipment. However I really like having nice nails so I'm going to give myself a little bit of time set aside to do them nicely. Plus I love the little compliments I get about them. Usually from the children! It again gives me a feminine element when I'm wearing my sportswear.
- Create! I've done so much creative things in my life but recently this has slipped a little. It something that will allow me to switch off my mind and relax. I recently got back into choreographing and dancing for work (granted it was all lion king based) but I really enjoyed it. I'm now looking into dance classes for myself. It must have been about 2 years since I took my last one!
I've noticed most of the things I've suggested are just about taking a bit of time for me. I think I will try consciously to take a little more time for myself away from distractions such as my computer.
Can we just take a minute to realise this is week 10! I can't believe we are almost a fifth of the way through the year. It's going so quickly but I can't wait for March. It's going to be a great month.
As always I love to hear your thoughts and do send your links if you're also participating in 52 Lists.