Wednesday, 13 April 2016
Wonderful Wednesday #12
How is everyone diddly doing? This week has been mega quick leading and all sorts of productive leading up to my new job yesterday. I've now got such a full calendar until ... well September. I don't really do days of in the cricket season! Therefore I've been using this last week to get everything sorted and in order. It feels a little bit lovely to see all those plans unfolding. The summer starts now.
On with the things that have been making me smile this week:
1. Going out and only ordering dessert. Mum and I had a spare hour after dropping my brother at the train station on Sunday and all we wanted was sweetness. The waiter looks at you really funny if you only ask for the dessert menu, but it's definitely worth it. Especially if that dessert happens to be a chocolate brownie sundae. Lashings of cream, ice cream, warm brownies, chocolate sauce and honeycomb made up a massive sharing bowl of goodness. I think I'd better stop.
2. Ladies that lunch. Isn't it lovely to catch up with friends over a bacon, brie and redcurrant jelly toastie (i.e. the king of all sandwiches)? I haven't seen my friend for a while as we used to work together so it's been great to catch up with everything. Her new business is going from strength to strength and I couldn't be happier for her.
3. First training session. Yes, I trained outside and didn't get frostbite. In fact I was running around without a jumper and even thought about wearing shorts. This means it's officially nearly the summer. cricket season is just around the corner. In fact it's only 2 weeks until our first game and my first as captain. To say I'm excited is an understatement. Cricket makes me so happy and the lovely group of ladies that train and play hard make it so worth it.
4. First day, new job. Thank you to those lovely ladies that wished me luck yesterday for my new job. In case you're not up to speed, I am now coaching cricket everyday!! Whisper it - dream job. It's been so long until I've taught classes that I was pretty nervous, but the day was great and I had so much fun. Plus the above view on my drive home ain't half bad!
5. Doggy cuddles. I can easily while away the time cuddling this cutie. Dogs have this way of being affectionate right when you need it. Ben in the garden does a quick run round. Checks everything is how he left it, then he's right back with you wanting love. There's no way you can ignore him or he's jumping up, getting your best trackies (yeah that's a thing in sports coach's life) all muddy. Also why do dog love the strangest toys? He has this football that is ages old, he's pretty much eat his way through a whole side of it, but he still can't go anywhere without it in his mouth.
6. I made my own sweet potato chips. They were amazing. End of.
The #wonderfulwednesday gang is growing at an alarming rate, which is just fantastic because it means I have such a lot of positivity to read on a Wednesday. Go and visit Sally, Michelle, Jo, Emma, Helen, Cat and Katie 's blogs for more mid week cheer. Now it's over to you. Let me we know the wonderfulness that has been your week. Either comment here or share on twitter with the #wonderfulwednesday.