To be quite honest I'm wishing I had written this post yesterday when I was feeling a lot more wonderful. Waking up to the American election news felt very surreal. I didn't want to believe it. Then it hit home and made me realise the implications. I had a little cry. I had a little cry for every minority. I moped around for most of the day in a fog wondering why people weren't taking this momentous shift more seriously.
And then I realised that this list is just as important today as any other day. In fact it's so much more important. Because we have to show love and understanding to others. We have to take care of ourselves and notice the wonder in the everyday. So without further ado let's talk happy things...
1. Dancing. You know that carefree dancing where you arms and legs are probably going in completely different directions, but you just don't care? Yeah that! Friday night was great. I went out with some of my flatmates and we just danced.
2. Roasts. After the coldest night of my life in a caravan on Saturday night (think frost on the inside of the windows) and a full day of playing cricket food was needed. The food that we had was absolutely amazing. Half a chicken with the best crispy roasties and batter puddings the size of a small bowl. What was even nicer was that we ate it all together as a team. We were definitely full and drowsy on the way home!
3. Cards. This week I had a lovely card from my Mum. To be honest it says very little, just catches me up with day to day life. However it's so lovely to have post to open and feel connected to her when she's so far away.
4. Chocolate. Because what is not made better by chocolate. This is thick, creamy, dark chocolate from Lidl of all places. Cheap as chips and perfect for sweet tooth cravings.
5. Making friends with snails. I'm currently doing a science module and this week we had snails come and visit us. Focusing on how children observe we drew and made plasticine models of our new friends.
6. Snuggly scarves. We have finally hit cold weather in Plymouth so the scarves and coats are out. I'd forgotten how much a soft scarf keeps me warm. I'd also forgotten how much I liked my turquoise coat. It's so vibrant and really brightens the dull days. I'm in the market for a really warm grey one now...
To all of you today I send lots of love. For all the lovely people I have met through blogging. To the gang of wonderful Wednesdayers (Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Sally, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina and Isabelle) you light up by Wednesdays. Keep on keeping on guys.
To join us in spreading joy use #WonderfulWednesday on twitter, comment or write your own post.