Wednesday, 30 November 2016
Wonderful Wednesday #37
How on earth has Wednesday come around again quite so quickly? It feels like the weeks are just rushing through at the minute and I'm taking in so much around me. I'm busy, busy, busy, but also looking forward. The weather has really hit chilly times and I could see my breath this morning as I walked from the bus. The last hints of autumn are falling like these leaves above and soon we will be hitting the depths of winter. I'm very ready to have a break and look forward to spending time with my family.
Enough weather chat from me. My flatmate informed me today that gingers are more perceptive of weather change than others, maybe that's why I always update you on the weather. It's time for a good dose of wonderfulness:
1. Christmasy spirit. Do you know it has hit me. It has hit me that Christmas is really blimming soon and it's making me feel all sorts of excited. At placement the children have such an excitement for Christmas and it's rubbing off on me. They are making decorations, learning songs and dressing up as reindeer. There's glitter absolutely everywhere and it just feels so festive. I can't wait to don my Christmas jumper and get stuck into meals and parties.
2. Good food. My flatmate cooked me the most amazing meal of ham rolled around beef mince stuffed with cheese. It was baking until the cheese was oozy in a tomatoey sauce and it was just the ticket after 2 hours of training. In other good food news, scooping out baked sweet potatoes and mixing with bacon and cheese then sticking them under the grill is yummy. You are welcome!
3. Getting prepared. Sunday was a day of prepping. The hoover was out, the washing was on and paperwork was done. Lists and meal plans were made and the weekly shop was done. I even went as far as to organise my outfits for the whole week and fold them neatly in piles. These early morning starts will not defeat me!
4. Surprise presents and cards. Last week after a long day and email pinged into my inbox to tell me I had a parcel to collect from reception. It was a lovely surprise to receive a thank you present from one of the players I coached last year. A yummy raspberry Yankee Candle and raspberry flavoured meringues greeted me with a card that I will treasure. It really brightened my day. As did a card from my mum with the message 'Have a lovely day - whatever you are doing. Love you'. Living away from my family it's lovely to have that contact with them and I'm really excited to see them for Christmas.
5. Singing. Along with the thousands of Christmas songs I am learning on placement, the Christmas music has been on in my flat continuously. I can also feel that I'm in a happy mood because songs are just continuously springing into my head. I can feel tunes popping up and find myself humming away or breaking into song. My flatmates love it, honestly!
6. Seeing the sunrise. The big bonus of early morning placement starts is being on the ferry as the sunrises. Seeing the colours reflect on the water makes my mornings. No photos because my hands are firmly stuck in pockets trying to keep warm, but lots of colourful memories.
So that's all the wonderful for this week. I'm looking forward to another exciting week with advent starting and placement finishing it's bound to be a busy one! What has been making you smile this week? Share in the comments or on twitter with #wonderfulwednesday (I'm @appreciate_day). Hop on over to see the rest of the gang and what's been making them smile: Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Sally, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina and Isabelle.