Wednesday, 15 March 2017
Wonderful Wednesday #51
1. Daffodils. Everywhere I look their sunny heads are brightening the place. I bought a bunch of tight buds on a whim at the supermarket on Friday and marvelled all weekend at how quickly their blooms unfurled. The bunch, sat on my desk in a pitcher formerly from Wetherspoons, never failed to cheer my spirits.
2. Cinnamon Buns. I've said this so many times, but sometimes all you need is a walk on your own. Even when the weather is all misty and murky a walk to the sea always calms me. I sat on a bench right next to the lighthouse and watched boats go across the sound. The best addition to this; a cinnamon bun the size of my head!
3. Train travel. Whilst my reason for a 6 hour train journey was not a joyous one the actual act of travel is something |I enjoy. The hours stretched out with nothing but a good book and the perfect excuse to read it. I seem to have lost the time to read so the hours on a train were lovely. That is until I met the most fascinating woman who I chatted to for hours! I love hearing other people's stories.
4. No coat. This week I have not had to put on a coat once! It feels a little bit like the seasons are changing. I was even brave enough not to bring one home with me.
5. Empty flat. This weekend I had the flat all to myself just for an evening and it was absolute bliss. I put early 00's tunes on full blast and danced through the corridor. I had a lovely luxurious shower whilst still belting out my tunes at the top of my voice. And then I snuggled up nice and early to watch TV and eat chocolate.
6. Lemon, ginger and honey tea. This is a new discovery for me and a perfect evening drink. My flatmate had left a few teabags in her cupboard when she moved out and I am not one to waste. A big mug of this to get me warm and snug after an evening training was just what I needed. It's like a zingy, comforting hug.
7. Spending time with my brother. I miss my family when I'm at uni. I miss singing at the top of our lungs on nighttime drives. I miss sharing Chinese food straight from the packet. I miss all those silly little phrases and inside jokes. It was lovely to be with him for a little while.
And there we have another week of moments captured. Little happy moment that make me smile. For more check out these lovely ladies: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta and Kelly or share on twitter with #wonderfulwednesday.