Wednesday, 26 April 2017
Wonderful Wednesday #57
This week seems to have gone by in a flash of an eye, but when I look back I constantly surprise myself by how much I manage to pack into a week. Whether it be big, lovely days spent with friends and family or tiny moments that make my day, there's just so much to notice and be thankful for when you sit down and think about it.
I'm now back at university and am writing this in the library at 8am. Although it's different at university there's still lots of lovely things going on. Let's get started...
1. Early starts and bacon rolls. When I say early starts I mean dragging myself out of the house at 5am ready for a day at working at a children's farm fair. Whilst the early morning wasn't exactly joyous, the bacon roll and the excitement of the children more than made up for it.
2. Climbing trees. I haven't climbed a tree for years. It's one of those things that seem stuck in childhood. However, two of my friends and I were walking around a rare breeds farm at the weekend (more to follow, I can promise photos of baby animals) and saw the perfect tree. A hollow inside so big we could all fit inside and plenty of footholds. We spent a lovely few minutes giggling as we got stuck and helped each other to sit on the branches where we pondered life. Only one scratched ear, so not too bad on the injuries front either!
3. Becoming an All Star. If you haven't heard of All Stars cricket, either you have been living under a rock or have no interest in cricket for 5-8year old children. Either way I will be extolling the virtues. I did a course to run this programme last week and I can honestly say I think it's brilliant. The activities are fun and engaging and every participant gets a whole load of personalised kit too. For more information go to the All Stars website because they explain it so much better than me! I came away from the course inspired and had so much fun.
4. Running fast. I've been upping my training as the cricket season draws closer and this week I was so happy with myself. I came to realisation that I was running pretty darn quick. For someone that's always disliked running it came as a surprise but I was very happy.
5. Chinese food. Last dinner at home and it now seems to be a bit of a tradition to have a Chinese. My family always get a mix of dishes and share and always always go for seconds!
6. First clean sheets night back at uni. Coming back into my room I thanked past me who had folded freshly washed sheets on top of the bed ready to be put on the bed as soon as I got in. With comfy PJs, the window open just a little to let in the breeze and me tired from a long train journey, I slept so soundly!
7. This marriage proposal. Calm down everyone, it's not mine. It's just a lovely, lovely bit of news from the week that made me smile.
8. Early morning productivity. Getting up nice and early and getting back into a productive routine has been brilliant this week. I've been setting off for the library at 8 o-clock and squeezing a couple of hours of work in before my day starts. I'm pretty busy in the next few weeks with assignments and courses so I'm scheduling work in around what I already have on.
9. Light evenings. Ok, I probably talk about this one quite a lot, but last night at half past 8 there was still a glimmer of light in the sky. Yes half past 8! Another thing upping my motivation this week.
Wow! That turned into a massive list and every time the longer I st the more things I think of. Today I'm off for a 3 hour art session then to watch my first cricket game of the season. Can't wait! Hope you're having an equally amazing Wednesday and rest of your week. Please do share the moments that have made you smile using #wonderfulwednesday on twitter, comment below and definitely go and check out the other lovely Wonderful Wednesday-ers: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma. Give me a shout if your name isn't on the list. The gang is evergrowing!