Wednesday, 3 May 2017
Wonderful Wednesday #58
Another week has gone by in a blink of an eye. I can't quite believe that I only have 2 more months of university left of my first year. It seems to have gone by so quickly. Again this week I have been mostly hunkered down in the library writing my last assignments. Thankfully I've had time to squeeze in some little plans to keep my motivation going.
1. Arty. This week we covered art teaching in our university seminars. I had so much fun getting creative again. We used so many different materials and techniques. Working individually then creating a collaborative piece. More to follow on this...
2. Cricket watching. Last Wednesday was the first game of the season for the university men's teams and we all had a lovely afternoon watching. What can be better than an afternoon in the sun with cider and sweets making you a little hyper and a good game of cricket to watch? Oh yes, a uni win! This week one of my really good friends will be making her first appearance for the men's teams. Not just hers, but the first woman ever. Sending her massive luck, although she won't need it, she's amazing!
3. Good food. A chilled out evening of lovely food, much cheese and chat was a good way to spend Thursday evening. My flatmate had just finished an exam and it was time to celebrate.
4. Being videoed. This one is mainly a shout out to improving oneself (don't know why it went all posh there). In the next couple of months I am doing another course in cricket coaching. Before I go I have to create a video of myself coaching. Whilst it was so awkward and I never knew I did so many weird arm actions, I am so looking forward to using the video to improve myself.
5. Cooking together. Just a nights in with flatmates sharing the cooking duties and creating mountains of curry and spag bol. Then chatting whilst you trying to trek through the massive portions that you've somehow managed to make.
6. The arrival of books. A couple of very lovely Amazon orders came this week. Having sent most of uni reading academic books, I missed reading for pleasure. I spent the bank holiday afternoon snuggled up from the rain reading and it was all kinds of lovely.
7. Having an 8am library buddy. The library is starting to become a bit of a chore, especially when I know everyone else is in bed. This week my friend has been joining me for the early starts and it's been nice to have company especially when she brings mini rolls!
8. Long catch up phone calls. When you are 6 hours the other side of the country a long chat with friends is important. Whilst we message all the time, it's not quite the same as listening to their voice. So an hour of Sunday afternoon was spent just chatting about cricket and life.
And there we have another week. Today will mostly be spent in a forest learning how to teach in the outdoors and trying to keep up with the cricket scores. Hope you are all having a lovely week. For more happy moments head over to the rest of the #WonderfulWednesday gang: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma. Let us know what's been making your week special in the comments or #wonderfulwednesday