Wednesday, 2 August 2017
Wonderful Wednesday #70
You find me snuggled in bed with a mug of hot chocolate and a slice of rocky road. The above scenes of this weekend, of clear blue skies, are almost forgotten through the rain we keep having. As I drove over the hills this evening I couldn't even make out the houses in the foreground so thick was the cloud that immersed us. However, this week has been home to some wonderful moments that need to be captured so it's quickly on with the happy things.
1. Visits. My lovely flatmate came to visit me on Sunday. It's the first day off I've had since I've been here. We explored the hills and ate picnics. It was lovely to have her around and I will miss her so much as next time I see her will be the middle of September back in Plymouth.
2. Absolute views. Blooming heck the views from the top of the hill were killer. We could see for absolutely miles. With the wind blowing we stood at the top of the hill and rushed to catch our breath as the wind took our voices away. We huddled together as we saw the weather change across the horizon. When one side of the hill had a beautiful sunshiney day and we saw the rain come in from the other side. We rushed back to the car just as the first spots came down, but had to stop to take in the amazing rainbow above.
3. A meal eaten slowly. On Saturday night we all had an evening off here and we went out for a lovely meal. It was good to take a bit of time to get to know each other away from working together. Also, pretty much every meal we eat is eaten at such pace. We have to wolf it down as we're off to set up pitches, get matches on or run evening activities. Therefore to savour and eat at your own pace feels like a luxury. Chatting over a meal just doesn't happen usually so it was nice to take our time.
4. Learning. That if you feel it in your gut that you should do something, you should jolly well get on and do it. That you should let your heart take over sometimes. That you must be true to your feelings.
5. Driving songs. Some days all you need is an absolute banger of a tune to come on the radio to set you up for the day. On a sluggish, drizzly Tuesday having a good dance in my car on the way to work was tonic for the soul.
6. Blackberries. This time of year always makes me think of walking the family dog and her racing us to eat all the blackberries off the brambles along the paths. She had such a delicate touch to pick them off with her mouth without getting any of the stalk. This week whilst walking I found some brambles and tasted the sharp sweetness again and it took me back.
Short and sweet this week, but plenty of wonderful. There's even more at these lovely ladies' blogs: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma and get in touch with yours by commenting or using the hashtag #wonderfulwednesday on twitter or instagram.