Wednesday, 24 January 2018
Wonderful Wednesday #75
You find me on this Tuesday evening in bed with a banging headache and a hot water bottle wedged behind my back. Whilst this is a cosy situation it's not ideal. A very bad landing from a handstand this morning at uni has left me with in quite a lot of pain. Somehow I managed to knee myself in the face which explains the headache, but don't ask how or why! Pair this with a head cold and enough work to keep me busy for weeks, I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself. However that's the point of Wonderful Wednesday isn't it? To get us through harder times by appreciating the good bits of the week and the little things that make me smile. So I've had a really hot shower and am eating roast vegetable pizza so it's time to start the show...
1. Going out because it's Monday. Because sometimes Monday is a cause for celebration and chocolate fudge cake. We went for a lovely walk by the sea then settled ourselves in for two course of loveliness at Wildwood. The food was amazing and we rolled home happy and full. In amazing company I spent the evening laughing then snuggled up to catch up with Call the Midwife. Not sure Mondays get better.
2. Daffodils. Daffodils signify the start of spring for me and I got way too overexcited this week when I noticed my first flowers in bloom. They give me promise that warmer days and more blooms are on their way. I literally ran to get a closer look like a child! When do we lose that excitement over tiny things in everyday life, because I want more of it?
3. First game of the year. This weekend was our first cricket games of the year for uni and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I had a new challenge of captaining as our regular captain was away. It made me realise how lucky I am to have amazing teammates who will support and encourage each other through a Sunday afternoon. Even though it left me an aching mess the next day!
4. Phone Calls. Sometimes I feel very far from friends and family. This week has been one of those times. At times like this it's so important to hear their voice. To know you can have a conversation even from miles away. I've been lucky enough to have amazing friends and family on the end of a phone who will put a smile on my face however I feel.
5. Cloudy Apple Juice. A very specific one, but it's made me happy this week. Finding cartons of cheap cloudy apple juice in Aldi has really quenched my thirst.
6. A great bowl of Gnocchi. A steaming, warming bowl of stodge. With far too much tomatoey, bacony sauce, because I can never quite get proportions right. The excess sauce got mopped up by cheesy garlic bread. This was the perfect dinner after playing cricket.
7. Newsletters. I can't get over how lovely it is to have motivational, inspirational and downright lovely things winging their way into my inbox. This week Sophie Cliff, Grace Latter and Peta have been brilliant this week. Please go and check them out!
And that's it for another week. It's been a tough week, but writing this has perked me up no end. There's always good things in every week. For more wonderfulness head over to see these lovely ladies: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma. Or find us on twitter and instagram with #wonderfulwednesday.