Good Morning and how are we diddly doing? It has been so so long since I've written on this little blog of mine. Life rushes by at the speed of light and I almost wish I had a pause button to catch my breath and take a little time to focus on the things I want to. Instead we power through each day and despite not documenting it here I'm still noticing all these lovely moments that enhance our lives. Without further faffing (which I'm awful for) let's get on with the things that have made this week a little bit more special.
1. A Bath. I can't tell you the last time I had a bath. I was gutted when I came back to uni and the landlord had taken out the bath we'd seen on viewing and replaced it with a shower. This week I'm housesitting and I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out they had a bath. Last night I settled into an extravagantly bubbly bath, lounged and then got into warm-from-the-radiator towels. Being greeted with a hot chocolate as I got out was the icing on the cake. Absolute bliss and the best nights sleep I've had for ages!
2. Tulips. I haven't really ever had any strong feelings about tulips, but these ones have blown me away. The purple is so deep and strong, and contrasted with the pure white and pale green stems is an winner. Anyway they lasted for nearly 2 weeks and perked up even when the went droopy because I forgot to put any more water in the vase (read: pint glass because I'm a student and really what student owns a vase). So Lidl flowers, it's a yes from me!
3. Smashing out my work. The get into the library before 9am, fuelled by buttery crumpets and smash out 500 words in an hour kind of hard work. The work that makes you feel accomplished and like it may not be a disaster after all. Thank god for those days.
4. Signs of Spring. I have been hunting hard this week in between snow showers for clues that Spring is actually on it's way. I mean we're in the middle of March and people are still getting snowed in. However, you don't have to look too far for sights of blossom, blue skies and the odd lamb. Bring on Summer I say.
5. Varsity Win. This week we went to support the men's first team as they triumphed against Marjons. It was a really good afternoon of us getting ready, playing cards and then celebrating their win.
6. The Greatest Sandwich. Absolute rocket fuel for hard days. Goats cheese, caramelised onion and rocket all toasted and warm. I savoured it!
7. Enchiladas. This is my current favourite dish and I think I've cooked it every week since I discovered it. I love how you can cook a whole dish and share with friends. I even did a veggie variation with quorn so everyone in the flat could eat it.
8. Phone Calls. Really, really long ones because I miss people on the other end and there's so much to catch up on, but they are hundreds of miles away. I can't wait to go home for Easter for hugs and catch ups. Plus I'm heading up north for a little holiday and to see my friend who I haven't seen for six months!
And there you go chums. That just about rounds up my week. I promise not to leave it so long next time, but these lovely ladies will promise you midweek goodness every week: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, Mimmi, Martina , Peta, Kelly and Emma. Find us on twitter and instagram with #WonderfulWednesday