Wednesday, 27 June 2018
Wonderful Wednesday #78
Wow it's been such a long time since I've written one of these posts. I've really missed them. It's been ages since I've had time to sit down by myself and take stock. To take the time to just think about the things that make me happy and it's definitely time to get back to that. Sometimes it takes that time to step back and take a look at where you are for you to work out what you need and want in life and getting back to appreciating all those things that make life better is definitely high up on my list.
Without further ado let's take a look at this week's list...
1. Sunsets. We have had some absolutely mind blowing sunsets that have lit up the skies here in Plymouth. Every evening I have rushed outside to catch the beautiful colours and ever changing skies. It's a time to be completely in the moment as it changes every second.
2. Comfortable company. This week I have enjoyed being with friends where conversation just flows. Silences feel comfortable and full of contemplation. Smiles and easy and laughs come thick and fast.
3. Sweet Williams. Because buying yourself a bunch of flowers is always a good idea.
4. Ice cream. The only way I'm getting through this heatwave is vats of ice cream. Today's special was a double raspberry magnum. Raspberry ice cream wrapped in dark chocolate, a layer of raspberry compote and more chocolate, eaten whilst watching the world go by. Absolute bliss.
P.s. slatherings of sun cream and ridiculous hats are also most definitely needed. Anyone else absolutely melting?
5. Booking adventures. I love having an adventure booked and being a bit spontaneous makes me so excited. Therefore I have booked myself a few nights in Cornwall this weekend and I intend to do exactly what I want for that time. I love not having an agenda or a time limit. I can just wander and see what takes my fancy.
6. The power of sleep. Oh my goodness the power of sleep cannot be underestimated. I feel so restored ad refreshed after a good one. I'm talking clean sheets night, fresh pjs, solid 9 hours kind of sleep and suddenly I'm ready to tackle the day again.
7. Dartmoor. I can't believe I spent the whole of first year in Plymouth without going to Dartmoor, because now I could be on the moors all the time. This photo was taken on a blustery walk up Sheepstor. I just can't get over the vastness. Seeing vast scenery always calms me, just like looking out to see.
8. Being true to myself. Because really this is the most important thing us humans do isn't it?
Well there we have it. A list of the wonderful things of the week. I'd just like to give a massive shout out to the queen of Wonderful Wednesdays Sally. She is a massive inspiration and an absolutely beautiful soul. Check her out and feel all warm and glowy.
I'm so out of the loop, so if you write a wonderful Wednesday, give me a shout and I'll add you on next week's (yes, I promise to try and keep this up!)