This past couple of weeks have been tough guys. Living on your own is. Some days I feel like all I do is wake up, go to work, come back to my room and sleep. I don't seem to have had a conversation that doesn't revolve around the weather or work in weeks and I just need a hug. That's why I'm super excited to say I finish work on Thursday and can drive back to Suffolk. Just in time for a wedding at the weekend and seeing my family and friends. In weeks like this it's even more important to find the little things that brighten your day...
1. Brownies. Thick, chocolately goodness that really hits the spot when you're looking for some comfort food. Served with a big dollop of sweet cream and a smile from the lady in the kitchen because she's deliberately saved you the biggest bit.
2. Dinner together. For the last month I have been sitting at a table on my own for most meals. I eat as quickly as I can because there's always jobs to do. I have my food last and need to be first out of the door. So eating together for once is such a luxury. Having a conversation and not having to bolt my food is a pleasure.
3. BBQs. Can't beat a good bbq in the summer and this week my boss made us one to celebrate our last night off together. After a few false starts with lighting the bbq we tucked into some lovely food as the sunset.
4. Clouds. Because clouds can make the most beautiful patterns in the sky. This week I've snatched moments in my days to just watch the clouds. How they move with the wind and wisp across the sky. A moment to breathe and be calm.
5. Photos. This week the photos taken by the disposable cameras at my friend's hen do came back. They may possible be my favourite collection of photos ever. They capture the laughter and happiness that weekend. The little moments that probably would have been missed if we'd not had those cameras. These photos capture our friendship and that's worth so much!
6. Chocolate. Because some days all you need is to stuff your face with some dairy milk!
And now back to today, I'm counting down the hours until I can jump in my car and get on the road towards Suffolk. For more Wonderful Wednesday head over to these lovely lady's blogs: Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Sally, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri's, and Peta's and Ellie or follow #WonderfulWednesday on instagram and twitter.