Hello lovely people and how do I find you on this Wednesday evening? Today has been a busy one where I've been coaching all day with some of my favourite people. However, my ankle is still pretty dodgy so you now find me in bed, feet up and iced with my painkillers making me way too sleepy to be cool at this time of the day. Anyway, no moaning allowed because this week has been pretty darn lovely. Here's some of the wonderful...
1. Home. There's simple pleasures in being fully comfortable in a place. You know the routine and can pick your way through the clutter in pitch darkness, because everything is exactly the same as you left it (although they got a new toaster and shoved loads of stuff in my room and thought I wouldn't notice!). It has been lovely slowing down a bit and living at my parents.
2. Tea shops. Because meeting people for tea and cake seems like my main job right now and I'm really not complaining.
3. Family. I spend long stretches of time away from my family and I haven't been home properly since Easter so it's been all sorts of lovely to just spend time in their company. Chatting, watching the tv and walking the dog. All the mundane, everyday things that I miss out on when I'm away.
4. Golden Light. Behind sunsets I think golden light might be my favourite. This time of the year it bathes everything in such a magical glow. My favourite time of the day to take a walk is the golden hour just before sunset.
5. GBBO. I will not be available for the foreseeable future on Tuesday nights. I will be sat on the sofa with enough snacks to last me the hour and a quarter and anyone that tries to disturb me will be shushed. I'm already very excited that next week's episode will be viewed with the company of lovely friends and the promise of dessert in front of the tv.
6. Mamma Mia. Feel good film. I sung, I cried, I couldn't concentrate properly because the young Donna was too ridiculously beautiful.
And just like that another week is through! The weeks seem to be zapping through and soon I'll be back at uni. I'm making the most of this patch of slightly easier time. Meanwhile the other lovely ladies have Wonderful Wednesdays for you: Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Sally, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri's, and Peta's and Ellie or follow #WonderfulWednesday on instagram and twitter.