Here I am back in Plymouth and already back in the swing of university lectures. It was nice to have last week back here to get back into Devon living before university kicked in. It meant I could unpack slowly and find a home for everything. When I first walked in the door it really didn't feel like home, but in the last week I've made it more me. Postcards of previous adventures and photos that make me think of friends and our wonderful memories are up on the wall and I feel a bit more settled.
1. Double Bed. One of the lovely things about living on my own again is having a double bed. Over the summer I was in accommodation for work and back at my parents where there were single beds. At work I'm fairly certain it wasn't even a single. I was too long for it! So a double bed is an absolute luxury. It's been absolutely lovely to spread out again. I can get really cosy and use the whole space.
2. Theatre. This week I decided to go for a spontaneous trip to the theatre. I had an email for cheap young adult tickets to The Unreturning at Plymouth's Theatre Royal and decided to go solo to the show. The play was absolutely incredible. There was such emotion and physicality in the show, with brilliant staging. I highly recommend it!
3. Rain and snuggled. Last week was a bit of a wet and grey one so it gave me a chance to get snuggled in my new room. I took a trip to the library and settled down to read before my uni work gets inevitably busy.
4. Getting organised. September always brings new year vibes for me. I'm a lot more motivated at this time of the year than in January. I've ticked all of those adult things off my list that have needed doing for weeks. Lists have been made, dates have been put in the diary and stationary has been purchased. I've even rung the bank! All in, I just feel a lot more ready for the year knowing I've got myself in order rather than having to catch up.
5. The sea. This year I have a sea view from my room and it is my favourite thing about my new house. I have already started every day my taking two minutes to just stare out of the window. I love watching how the sea and sky changes with the weather. The bright blue skies making for calm seas, the misty hazy mornings and the low sun which turns the sea silver. I've also missed being able to walk for just a few minutes to hear the waves and breathe in the calming air.
6. Post. I really really enjoy getting great post. It breaks up the monotony of adult post. This week my friend who got married this year sent me a couple of photos of her and me at her wedding. They were such beautiful memories and tiny moments of the day we'd shared. It was such a lovely gesture and has made me want to send more lovely letters.
Now I'm looking forward to a bit more sunshine over the weekend so I can get out and explore. I'm incredibly lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country so I'm determined to make the most of it while I live here. Do you have any exciting plans for this week? For more wonderfulness head over to Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Sally, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri's, and Peta's and Ellie or follow #WonderfulWednesday on instagram and twitter.