Wednesday, 9 January 2019
Wonderful Wednesday #93
Hello and welcome to 2019. I hope you all had a wonderful, restful time over Christmas and New Year. I really enjoyed my time at home this year. Plenty of time to relax and enjoy time with family and friends and snuggles with Ben the sprocker spaniel. I definitely found it hard to leave on Saturday and drive the long journey back to Plymouth especially as I had so much work to do when I got back here.
1. Sunrises. I forgot how wonderful it was to have the above picture as the view from my bed. I have enjoyed a lovely couple of mornings slowly waking up as the sky changes colour. Every morning as I get up the very first thing I do is go to the window and just take a long look out to sea. It's just a wonderful way to start the day.
2. My family. Wow my goodness I may have cried when I had to leave these lovely people. I'm not sure if it's just me, but now I've left and moved a long way from my family I really appreciate the moments that I have with them. It's been absolutely lovely to get to do all those everyday things with them whilst I've been home and tell them how much they mean to me.
3. Chinese food. On the last evening before I drove back to Plymouth, my family and I enjoyed a Chinese. I hadn't had one for months and walking past the Chinese at the end of my road in Plymouth had me really fancying one.
4. The new year tidy. Motivation somehow hit because my mum and I spent a solid day tidying the dining room last week. We unearthed things that we hadn't seen for ages (Ice cream for Breakfast by Laura Jane Williams being a particular highlight) and managed to take a whole car boot full of stuff to the charity shop. We also never realise how fun shredding can be!
5. Last meals. I miss my friends so much when I'm in Plymouth and I've made sure to spend as much time as possible with them over Christmas. We've shared new year and Christmas eve together, been on day trips to the beach and celebrated new houses, but it was loving to go out for a meal last week. We can talk for hours and be completely honest with each other. These girls are amazing, and so was the pizza!
6. Popmaster. I think I'm getting old, because I have listened to a lot of radio two and really enjoyed it! I found myself dancing around the kitchen to Sounds of the Sixties on New Year's Eve! But my mum and I seemed to have a little routine over Christmas that at half ten in the morning we'd sit down with a drink (and usually a biscuit, it was Christmas) to listen to Popmaster. I think I got about one question right across the whole holiday, but it was a perfect excuse for a little break and we both got narked when someone decided to ring during that time.
7. Homemade soup. One Saturday night having done a nine hour drive down to the South West, I was in need of some comfort food. My cupboard had only tins, but I rustled up a warming, filling tomato, beany soup. Obviously there was oodles of it, so I've been eating it all week and I cannot thank my past self enough.
8. The first moment of being on my own again. Whilst I love visiting my family, I do love living on my own. Despite this it still felt quite strange to finally walk into my house and close the door knowing I was on my own again. I couldn't walk into the other room and have one of my family members there. The house was quiet and I could follow my routine again.
9. The point in between sleep and awake. The gentle dream state, where you're not sure if you're conscious and daydreaming or sleeping. You're so comfortable and sleeping and you can physically feel yourself falling into sleep.
10. Looking after myself through my injection. Monday was the day of my ankle injection and I'm so pleased with the recovery. I had a cortisone injection right into the ankle joint and I'd built it up to be very painful. As it was the procedure was a little uncomfortable, but I think even the doctors were confused with how pain free I was. I took their advice and kept my feet up all day yesterday and today it feels absolutely fine. Let's hope it continues this way!
11. Sending off my assignments. And finally, the reason this little wonderful Wednesday list is so late is that I finally sent off a mountain of assignments today. They've been hanging over since before Christmas and I'm so relieved they are finally finished. Now time for a week off!
That's all the wonderful from me this week. Please head over to these lovely ladies for more wonderful Wednesday goodness: Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Sally, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri's, and Peta's and Ellie's blogs or catch us on #wonderfulwednesday on instagram and twitter.